“I’m a different person, a better person.” -SITA alum
See SITA through the eyes of one of our amazing students. Thank you Hayley Nicholas (Bowdoin, Class of 2017) for sharing your experience in such a fun and meaningful way!
Wondering what it’s like to live with a host family? Caleigh Ryan (Grinnell, Class of 2017) and her host sisters, Aafreen and Afshan, formed a lifelong bond that will span continents.
There are some parts of the world that, once visited, get into your heart and won’t go. For me, India is such a place. – Keith Bellows, the late editor-in-chief of National Geographic Traveller
Spring Semester 2018
October 13, 2017
January 4 – April 14, 2017
Fall Semester 2018
April 20, 2018
mid-August – late November
Fall 2018 comprehensive fees are $19,995 and include all course-related expenses, room & board, in-country travel, and more. You can review a more detailed cost breakdown.
All fees must be paid to SITA before arrival. Invoices will be issued via email to you as a student shortly after your confirmation deadline. If your college/university is one of our partner institutions, SITA may have an agreement to invoice your school directly. To confirm this, please contact the executive director. Payments may be made by ACH (electronic) payment (instructions for ACH payments are included on the invoice) or by check.
If an electronic transfer is not possible, a check can be made payable to South India Term Abroad and sent to:
South India Term Abroad
Attn: Connie Etter
1079 South 300 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
withdrawal and refund policy
Please note that withdrawing from the program within 6 weeks of the US departure date will have financial consequences. The SITA refund policy regarding withdrawals, with dates specific to fall 2018 semester students, is as follows:
- If you withdraw on or before June 30, 2018: 100% refund of the total program cost, except the non-refundable program deposit of $500.
- If you withdraw July 1 – July 14, 2018: 90% refund of the total program cost, except the non-refundable program deposit of $500.
- If you withdraw July 15 – July 28, 2018: 75% refund of the total program cost, except the non-refundable program deposit of $500.
- If you withdraw July 29 – Aug. 11, 2018: 50% refund of the total program cost, except the non-refundable program deposit of $500.
- If you withdraw on or after Aug. 12, 2018: no refund will be issued.